Hey People. I know this may sound strange, but I’m trying to find a simple sma cross ea that actually works… NOT A dual sma cross, but simply an ea that opens/closes/opens when price crosses and closes above or below the sma. That’s it. Anyone?
Any dual MA cross EA or Indicator can be uses as price cross MA – >> Set the fast MA as – (Fast Period =1, Fast Method = 0 = Simple MA, Fast Shift = 0, Fast Price = 0 = close) = current close price.
If any not understand – here further diagram explanation – https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr…97#post9765697
The attached EA does not meet the OP requirements in that it is not fully automatic – others may find useful.
- The EA is semi-automatic.
- The EA can be set to take trades automatically on bar close across SMA, EMA, SMMA, LWMA and Kijun Sen.
- After the EA has take a trade the EA will disarm and need a click of Buy or Sell button to re-arm.
- The EA will not re-arm for a Buy trade if price is above the MA or Kijun Sen – The EA will not re-arm for a Sell trade if price is under the MA or Kijun Sen.
- The indicator can be disarmed by clicking the Flat button.
- The EA can set SL & TP.
- The EA does not close trades.
Note: The EA does not have trailing stop – the EA is a kind of forgotten rough and ready testing study, is on file and I don’t have time or interest to add trailing stop at present.
Order:Sell Lots:0.01 MA:EMA Period:50 Shift:0 SL:100 TP:1000
Order:Sell Lots:0.01 Kijun Sen:KS Period:50 SL:100 TP:1000
Click for Animation – Note: The red indicator showing – Lots | Points PnL | £ PnL – that appears on the chart when the trade opens is not part of the EA and not available on request.
- The Stop and Limit Pending Orders features of MT4 are easily opened accidentally when trading or working on the chart.
- On shorter timeframes the opened pending order line can be off the visible area of the chart and the Trader unaware that an order is opened.
- If a pending order is accidentally opened the indicator will Alert constantly until a) the order is deleted b) the indicator alert switched to allow pending orders.
NO PM CODE REQUESTS – NO TIME // Posts are personal reference notes.